1) In a large pot, add oil over medium-high heat. Then add onions, peppers, and garlic and cook until soft, about five minutes. Season with a pinch of salt.
2) Add ground beef to pot and continue to cook until beef is browned, about 8-10 minutes. Add oregano, marjoram, red pepper flakes, and a pinch of salt and pepper as the beef browns.
3) When beef is browned, add tomatoes, fresh basil, and red wine. Bring mixture to a simmer and turn heat down to medium low. Simmer, uncovered, until mixture thickens, about 12-15 minutes.
4) Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Cook pasta according to package. Be sure not to overcook the pasta or your finished dish will be mushy.
5) Drain pasta and stir bolognese sauce into pasta. Stir in cheddar and mozzarella cheese.
6) Transfer finished pasta to a 2 1/2 quart baking dish (or a 9×13 dish) and top generously with bread crumbs and grated Parmesan cheese.
7) Bake pasta until it’s nicely browned around the edges, about 30 minutes.
Let cool for a few minutes before serving.