Light and fluffy griddle cakes that are stuffed with delicious bacon, scallions, and cheese. This is the perfect breakfast!
Corn Cake Mixture:
1) Stir together cornmeal and salt. Add boiling water and stir. Let sit for 5-10 minutes so water can absorb.
2) Stir in milk, olive oil, and egg into batter. Let rest while you make filling.
3) Bake bacon until crispy at 350 degrees or cook in a skillet until crispy over medium heat. Dice or crumble the bacon and stir in with diced scallions and grated cheese.
4) To make cakes, add a drizzle of oil to a griddle or large skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add 1/4 cup of the cornmeal batter.
5) Immediately top batter with a small handful of the bacon filling. Spoon another 1/4 cup of batter over the top of the filling so it mostly covers the filling. It’s okay if it doesn’t cover everything.
6) Let cook for 3-4 minutes or until the edges are firm around the griddle cake.
7) Flip cake and cook for another few minutes until they are cooked through.
8) Serve cakes immediately with maple syrup!