1) Wash potatoes well. Lay potatoes out on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with kosher salt. Bake potatoes at 350 degrees for 60-75 minutes until they are fork tender.
2) Let potatoes cool until you can handle them. Then slice them in half. Use a spoon to scoop out potato flesh. Try to keep a thin layer of flesh with the skins. You don’t want the skins too thin.
3) Once all the potatoes are scooped out, quarter the skins.
4) While the potatoes are baking, cook bacon in a skillet over medium heat until it is crispy, about 15 minutes. Drain bacon on a few paper towels. Reserve bacon grease.
5) Lay out all the potato skins on a few baking sheets. Brush the skins very lightly with bacon grease or melted butter.
6) Bake skins a second time at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.
7) Remove skins from oven. Top with grated cheese and crumbled bacon. Return to oven for 5-7 minutes.
8) Remove skins from oven and garnish with chopped chives. Serve with sour cream!