Bacon and dried apricots cooked and spiced with hot sauce and rolled inside chicken. Kind of a show stopper!
1) Add bacon to a large skillet over medium-low heat. Cook for a few minutes until fat renders out and bacon starts to turn crispy.
2) Add onions, tomato, and dried apricots. Stir together. If pan is dry, add a drizzle of oil and turn heat up to medium. Season filling with a Tabasco, salt and pepper. Let cook for 5 minutes so onions soften and tomatoes break down.
3) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cut chicken breasts in half horizontally. Be careful not to cut all the way through them. They should be butterflied. Place chicken in between two pieces of plastic wrap and pound it until it’s thin and an even thickness.
4) Divide filling between four pounded chicken breasts. Roll chicken breasts tightly and secure with butcher twine or a few skewers.
5) Add oil to a large skillet over medium high heat. Sear chicken, seam-side down, for about 4 minutes per side to brown them well.
6) Once all the chicken roulades are seared, transfer chicken to baking dish and bake at 350 F. until they reach 160 degrees F. in the thickest parts. Use a meat thermometer to make sure they are done. This will probably take about 20 minutes.
7) Let chicken rest for a few minutes and then slice each breast into coins. Serve with grains or a salad.