A quick and simple carbonara with bacon, leeks, and bowtie pasta.
1) Get water boiling for pasta. Salt it with 1 TBSP. salt per gallon of water. Cook pasta according to package.
2) Dice bacon and add to pan over medium heat. Cook until it’s nice and crispy.
3) Dice leek making sure to rinse well to remove dirt.
4) Prep other ingredients for the dish.
5) Remove crispy bacon from pan. Add leeks to pan with a drizzle of olive oil if the pan is very dry. Cook for a minute or two and add red pepper flakes and garlic. Cook for a minute to soften the veggies.
6) Add bacon back to pan. Drain pasta and stir cooked pasta in with leek and bacon mixture.
7) Drizzle in egg mixture and stir like crazy. Kill the heat on the pan. The heat from the pan and pasta should cook the eggs and thicken the dish.
8) Season with salt and pepper and serve with grated parmesan cheese and chopped parsley.