Quick sauteed ham and asparagus spears folded into a delicate omelette that’s loaded with lots of creamy goat cheese!
1) Whisk eggs well in a medium bowl.
2) Snap off the hard ends of the asparagus and chop into 1 inch chunks. Dice ham. For chili, scrape out seeds and mince.
3) Add a drizzle of olive oil to a good omelette pan over medium heat. Add the asparagus, ham, and chili and saute until the veggies are tender and ham lightly browned, about 4-5 minutes. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
4) Scrape the filling mixture into a bowl and pour eggs into the pan. Cook over medium heat. As the eggs cook, use a spatula to push the cooked egg to the center. Tilt the pan a bit to let the uncooked eggs flow outside.
5) When most of the egg liquid is cooked, there still might be a thin uncooked layer on top, add half of the filling mixture to half of the omelet. Dot with a few goat cheese coins and fold the omelette over. Cook for 30 seconds on each side.
6) Slide the omelette onto a plate and season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Repeat for other omelet and serve immediately!