Artichoke Piccata is a great vegetarian alternative to the classic Italian dish. Easy to make, delicious and on the table in minutes!
1) Bring a large pot of salted water to a simmer for pasta and set it aside for later.
2) In a second large skillet or pot, add olive oil and butter over medium heat. Add diced onion and cook until soft, about 2 minutes.
3) Add flour to the pot and stir and cook flour for 30 seconds. Then stir in veggie stock and pesto and stir to combine. Turn heat down to medium low.
4) Add pasta to boiling water and cook until al dente, probably 2-3 minutes if you’re using a thin pasta like capellini. Reserve 2 cups of pasta cooking water and drain pasta.
5) Add 1/2 cup of pasta water to pot with sauce and stir. Then stir in artichokes, capers, drained beans, lemon juice, and cooked pasta.
6) Stir together and add enough extra pasta water to form a sauce that just coats the pasta.
7) Divide pasta between bowls or plates and top with grated Parmesan cheese, lemon zest, and parsley. Serve with toasted baguette!