Around the Internet Kitchen: Cookin’ Tunes
My kitchen has a cut-out section that overlooks our living room. It’s awesome for entertaining because I can still be a part of the conversation while cooking. I used to constantly watch TV while cooking when we didn’t have guests over because it was easy.
Since we’ve canceled cable though I’ve been listening to a lot more music in the kitchen. There’s something about music and cooking that go really well together I think. Sometimes I listen to a few customized playlists that I have, but lately I’ve been jamming out to a few specific albums.
So in true High Fidelity style, here are my top five cooking albums. To make the list the album has to be an all-around good album (I don’t want to be skipping around a lot). It should be up-tempo but also chill, if that makes sense.
Here are my top five of the moment:
5) Cold War Kids – Robbers & Cowards – Kind of an Indie Pop band that I started listening to a few years ago. I think they’re coming out with an new ablum soon, but this is one of my favorites for the kitchen.
4) CCR – Best of CCR – There’s not a bad song on this album. There’s not even an okay song on this album.
3) Eric Clapton’s – Unplugged – Classic songs with a cool acoustic vibe. Just amazing stuff on this record clean through from the first song to the last.
2) David Bowie – Best of Bowie – Sure… he was kind of a weird dude. But I can cook up a storm to Suffragette City.
1) The Rolling Stones – Exile on Main Street Remastered – It doesn’t get better than this for me right now. I’ve listened to this album probably 20 times in the last week. I listen to it in the kitchen, while I’m walking to work, really any chance I get.
Ok. Back to food. It’s hot out, so pick something cold.
A few links!
Flammkutchen with Red Onions – Ok. So I’ve never even heard of this dish, but it seems a bit like a pizza pie. The difference is that this is not quite as fussy as pizza. The dough can be thrown together relatively quickly and it bakes up into something really delicious! (@ Delicious Days)
The Bocce Ball – I’m always up for a good cocktail especially in the summer. This one looks refreshing and perfect. You could sip this anytime really. Say… while you’re reading the post about whether or not alcohol is healthy! (@ Savory Reviews)
Have a great weekend everyone!
Favorite cooking album? Leave a comment!