Make your own delicious hot wings! If you can stand the heat, these very spicy, slightly sweet habanero wings will make your day!
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Lightly oil a large baking pan and place wings, skin-side up on the oiled pan. Season well with salt and pepper.
2) Bake wings for 25 minutes at 400 degrees. Turn pan 180 degrees and bake for another 20 minutes. Keep wings skin-side up the entire time for baking.
3) While wings bake, add butter to a saucepan over medium heat. Once melted, add grated onion and minced garlic with a pinch of salt. Cook until veggies are soft, about 4 minutes.
4) Remove stems and seeds from habaneros. I recommend wearing plastic gloves while working with habaneros. They are very hot and if you accidentally touch your eyes or something, it will really burn. Mince habaneros very finely. If you don’t use gloves, wash your hands well immediately after handling the peppers.
5) Add habaneros to saucepan along with apricot filling, soy sauce, water, and paprika. Bring sauce to a simmer and cook over low heat for 5 minutes. Keep sauce warm, but if it’s done way before your wings, take it off the heat and then reheat before you serve so the sauce doesn’t get too thick.
6) When wings are done, remove them from pan and add them to a large bowl. Toss with apricot sauce.
7) Serve wings immediately garnished with lots of fresh scallion greens and blue cheese dressing.