It sounds kind of out there, but this Apple Pecan Omelet filled with butter-sauteed pecans, apples and salty blue cheese is delicious!
1) Peel and chop apple and chop pecans well.
2) Add two tablespoons of butter to a small omelet pan over medium heat. Once melted, add apples and pecans and tiny pinch of salt. Sautee until soft and the pecans are slightly toasted, about three minutes.
3) Remove filling from pan and wipe the pan clean. Chop chives, crumble cheese, and whisk eggs.
4) Add 1/2 tablespoon of butter back to the pan and let melt over medium heat. Once melted, add two whisked eggs to the pan.
5) Use a sturdy plastic spatula to push the cooked eggs to the center of the pan and let the uncooked eggs flow to the outside. Continue to do this until most of the egg is cooked. It should only take a minute or two.
6) Once most of the egg is cooked and there is just a tiny layer of uncooked egg, add fillings to half of the egg (apple, pecans, blue cheese, chives). Also season with salt and pepper.
7) Gently fold omelet over so the eggs cover the filling. Return to heat and cook for another 30 seconds.
8) Fold omelet out onto pan and garnish with chives and extra fillings. Serve immediately!