Pureed almond sauce pasta with peas makes for a fun change from your normal pasta sauce!
1) Bring a large pot of water to a boil and salt it well ( 1 tablespoon kosher salt per gallon). Add 3/4 cup of almonds to the water and boil for 3 minutes. Remove, drain, and let the almonds cool slightly. Then you can easily remove the skins.
2) Add the blanched almonds to a food processor with garlic, water, and a pinch of salt. Puree until smooth.
3) Melt 1 tablespoon butter and oil in a large skillet or high-walled pan. Add your almond puree to this and let it simmer on medium-low heat.
4) Cook pasta according to package.
5) Once pasta is cooked, add it to the sauce. Add peas, cheese, lemon juice, and more butter. The pasta is done when the peas are warm.
6) Top each serving of the pasta with additional almonds, mint, and basil.
Serve immediately and also great for leftovers.