A creamy dip with acorn squash and Gruyere cheese. Hot sauce or cayenne is essential. Served with homemade pita chips.
Homemade Pita Chips (for serving)
1) Slice squash in half, scoop out seeds, pierce skins with fork or knife and bake at 350 degrees for an hour. let cool slightly before handling.
2) Scoop out squash and measure out flesh. Add to other ingredients and mix well.
3) Add dip to a buttered casserole dish.
4) Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes.
5) For pita chips, cut pita into sixths and split each sixth in half. Toss with a drizzle of olive oil and kosher salt. Bake at 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes and stir once halfway through.
6) Serve dip with the chips!