Truffles Two Ways
- Serves 4
- Prep Time:
- Total Time:
Did you make this?
Snap a photo and tag @macheesmo so I can see your work.
Basic Egg Pasta
To make the pasta:
1) Mix the salt and flour together with your hands and then make a well on the counter. Add the eggs and yolks in the center of this well.
2) Ideally you want to slowly incorporate the flour into the eggs with a fork until you have a nice even dough. Knead this for about 15 minutes
3) Cover this with a cloth or plastic wrap and let it rest for 30 minutes. You could also refrigerate at this point for 24 hours or so.
4) Then it is time to roll. Assuming you don’t have a pasta press, get out your largest rolling pin and work slowly. Try to get it as thin as possible.
5) Cut the dough into whatever shapes you want. You could make ravioli or any number of other fun things.
6) To make linguini, flour well, roll up tightly and slice it as thin or thick as you would like. Use the sharpest knife you have to cut so the dough doesn’t press down and cuts smoothly.
7) Once it is all cut, toss it lightly to separate all the strands. Cook pasta 4 minutes in boiling salted water. When the pasta floats, pull it out and toss it in a few tablespoons of melted butter.
8) Shave some truffle, parm, and scallops right on top.
To make the scallops:
1) Make sure the scallops are dry before they hit the pan. Literally dry them off with a paper towel.
2) Get a good pan going over high heat and add enough butter to cover the bottom of the pan (probably 3 or 4 Tablespoons).
3) Once the butter is seething and starting to brown a bit, gently set the scallops in. Make sure they aren’t touching each other.
4) Leave them alone for about 3-4 minutes and then flip!
5) Cook them for the same amount of time on the other side and they are done!
6) When I took the scallops off, I topped them with a sliver of truffle, some parsley, and the butter drippings from the pan.
This delicious recipe was brought to you by Macheesmo. Read the full post at https://wp.me/pkSYO-1mT.