Quickly blanched kale tossed with penne pasta, garlic, red pepper flakes, and lots of lemon juice. A quick and healthy dinner!
1) Rinse kale and chop off leaves to remove any large stems. Blanch kale in salted, boiling water for 30 seconds. Remove kale and immediately submerge in ice water to stop the cooking.
2) In a large high-walled pan, add olive oil over low heat. Add minced garlic and red pepper flakes. Cook for a few minutes until fragrant, being careful not to burn the garlic.
3) Cook pasta in same water that you blanched the kale in.
4) Drain kale and add to pan with garlic, pepper flakes and olive oil. Stir to coat the kale.
5) Once pasta is cooked, drain and add immediately to pan with kale. Stir to combine well and season with salt and pepper.
6) Add fresh squeezed lemon juice to pan and stir to combine.
7) Serve pasta toss with slivered almonds and parmesan cheese.