One of my favorite ways to use leftover veggies is to dice them very finely and add them to an omelet. Looks like confetti!
1) Dice veggies very finely and beat eggs with a few tablespoons of water or cream.
2) In an 8 inch pan, add butter over medium-high heat. Once butter is melted, add veggies and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook for a minute or two until veggies are soft, but still a bit crunchy.
3) Add eggs to pan and continue to cook. As eggs cook, gently push cooked eggs to center of pan and tilt pan to let uncooked eggs flow out and cook.
4) When most of the eggs are cooked (there still should be a thin layer of uncooked egg on top), add grated cheese to half of the omelet and carefully fold it over.
5) Turn your heat down to medium-low and cook for another few minutes to melt the cheese and finish cooking the eggs.
6) Serve with salt and pepper, salsa, or hot sauce.