Brownie (adapted from Mr. Bittman. This makes a very rich brownie)
Mascarpone Frosting (Giada's version looks like a huge improvement on mine.)
1) Combine the chocolate and butter in a bowl or saucepan and put it on low heat. Use a metal bowl and then set it on some boiling water to melt everything slowly.
2) Once the chocolate and butter is melted, slowly mix in the sugar and eggs until everything is combined well.
3) Slowly add your flour and then spread it all out in a buttered 9 X 9 pan.
4) Whip the cheeses together with the butter until everything is light and airy.
5) Cook the brownies without the mascarpone on them. Bake for 18-20 minutes at 350. Ideally though a toothpick would come out pretty clean from the center.
6) Cool the browning before frosting (sticking them in the oven for 30 minutes would work)!
7) Frost the brownies and enjoy!