My little guy is a big fan of frozen meatball. Can my homemade version beat his favorite store-bought variety?
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a medium bowl, add bread and water and let sit for a minute. Mash together bread so it dissolves a bit.
2) Stir in beef, eggs, Parmesan and a big pinch of salt and pepper. Mix well with your hands.
3) Roll meatball mixture out into teaspoon-sized balls onto two baking sheets lined with foil. They should be very tiny, bite-sized meatballs. You should get close to 100 meatballs.
4) Once you have your meatballs shaped, drizzle them with olive oil and bake at 350 degrees for about 15-20 minutes until they are cooked through.
5) Let meatballs cool. Then transfer them to a clean baking sheet lined with foil or parchment paper and freeze on the sheet pan. Once meatballs are frozen, transfer them to freezer bags for easier freezer storage.
Reheat meatballs by microwaving a few at a time for 30 seconds on high. Check temperature before serving as they can get very hot!