This Protein Scramble is about as quick as a healthy breakfast can get. Get your protein fix with this delicious scramble. Fast, filling and ready in 5!
1) In a medium bowl, mash the tofu until it’s mostly smooth, but some lumps are inevitable. Stir in a pinch of salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, and a small drizzle of olive oil (maybe a teaspoon).
2) Crack in eggs and whisk into the tofu until the mixture is a single consistency. Optionally, you can use egg whites instead of whole eggs, but I recommend using at least 1-2 yolks.
3) In a medium-large skillet, add a drizzle of oil over medium heat. Once hot, add the whisked eggs and tofu and let sit for 1-2 minutes until the eggs start to firm up.
4) Lightly stir the eggs but try not to over-stir them. You want the curds in somewhat large pieces. Continue to cook until the the eggs are 95% cooked, but there’s still a shimmer of uncooked egg. Kill the heat and the residual heat will finish cooking the eggs.
5) Serve scramble immediately topped with scallions and hot sauce!