This is my method for making omelets for a group of people. It’s about as easy as cooking twelve eggs at a time can get and you can fill it with anything! I go for ham and cheese, but it’s your world once you master the method!
1/3 cup milk
Pinch of black pepper
4 ounces deli ham
4-6 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
Butter, for dish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line the bottom of a baking sheet or jelly roll pan with parchment paper. Butter the sides of the pan or spray with nonstick spray.
- Whisk together eggs with milk and season with black pepper. Pour eggs into pan.
- Bake eggs for 15 minutes until they are just set.
- Add a layer of ham slices and grated cheese to the eggs. Don’t over-cheese them or you’ll have trouble rolling the eggs.
- Bake for another five minutes.
- Remove dish and carefully free the eggs from the pan by sliding a thin spatula or knife around the outer edges. Lift one long side of the pan out and carefully roll it up, peeling off the parchment paper as you go.
- Transfer the rolled omelet to a clean plate and cut into six servings. Garnish with fresh parsley and salt and pepper.
- Serve while warm.