10-Minute Weekday MigasJump to Recipe
MONDAY. Wake up. Coffee. Shower. Walk Dog. Rush out the door.
What’s missing?! Oh yea… breakfast. You know… that thing that is supposed to be the most important meal of the day?
If you’re lucky, maybe you scarf down a bowl of cereal or if you have a child you’ll scarf their scraps over the sink before running out the door.
Weekday breakfasts are notoriously hard. Actually cooking something on a Tuesday seems absurd.
But just trust me here. This recipe is doable. It takes 10 MINUTES. The results are a delicious Tex-Mex breakfast that will fill you up and keep you energized for the morning. If you want to make it even faster, you could prep and chop the few things you need to the night before!
Weekday Migas are your cure for sad breakfasts!
10-Minute Weekday Migas
- 1-2 small corn tortillas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or butter
- 2 eggs scrambled
- 1 tablespoon green chiles
- ¼ cup grated cheddar cheese
- Diced tomato garnish
- Avocado garnish
- Pickled jalapeños garnish
- Hot sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Cut 1-2 tortillas into strips. In a small skillet over medium heat, add oil or butter along with tortillas. Cook until tortillas start to get crispy on the edges, 3-4 minutes.
- Add in scrambled eggs and green chiles and a pinch of salt and pepper. Let cook for 30 seconds so the eggs can firm up. Then stir everything together.
- When the eggs are mostly cooked, add grated cheese to the top and cover with a plate so the cheese can melt. Remove from heat and let sit for 30 seconds.
- Plate migas with sliced avocado, diced tomato, jalapeños, a dash of hot sauce, and an extra tortilla on the side.
Did you make this?
Snap a photo and tag @macheesmo so I can see your work.
10 Minute Weekday Migas
The prep for this quick breakfast situation is pretty easy. Use canned green chilis so all you need to do is scramble a few eggs, grate some cheese, chop a tomato, slice up some tortillas and slice an avocado. You could do most of this the night before to speed it up even more.
To start the migas, add a little oil to a small skillet and add the corn tortillas. Cook them for a few minutes over medium heat until they get crispy on the edges. This is the longest part of the recipe!
You can do this even in a morning haze.
Once the tortillas are mostly crispy, add the scrambled eggs and green chiles. Boom!
Let those sit for 30 seconds so the eggs firm up a bit. Then stir everything together and add some cheese! Cover the skillet with a plate so the cheese melts quickly. You can remove it from the heat at this point to make sure the eggs don’t burn.
Scoop that delicious situation out on a plate or in a bowl with some diced tomatoes, avocado, jalapeños, hot sauce, and an extra tortilla on the side.
Make a pledge to make this at least once this week. Kick your day off right with these weekday migas!