If you need a filling breakfast in a hurry, look no further than this easy sweet potato breakfast burrito. The whole thing is made in the microwave, but it’s still really delicious!
1 medium sweet potato, microwaved
2 large eggs, scrambled (separate)
2-3 tablespoons minced red onion
2-3 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
2 scallions, diced
2 large flour tortillas
Salt and pepper
- Poke the sweet potato a few times all around with a fork. Microwave on high for 5-6 minutes until tender. Remove and slice in half to let cool briefly.
- Meanwhile, whisk eggs in separate bowls with 1 tablespoon water. Microwave each egg on high for 45 seconds.
- Add red onions and cheddar cheese to each egg and microwave for another 30 seconds.
- Place flour tortilla on top of egg bowl. Flip it over so eggs and cheese are on the tortilla. Place on a plate and microwave for another 15 seconds (remove bowl).
- Use a fork to add about half of the sweet potato, in an even layer, on top of the eggs.
- Top with avocado, scallion, and hot sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roll up tortilla well and wrap in foil. Eat on the go or cut it in half and enjoy it at home.